Wednesday, January 11, 2012

::BzzAgent Review:: Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender 200w BzzCampaign




As some of you may know, I am a member of BzzAgent and receive products and coupons, often for free and in return I express my thoughts, on these products, through Word of Mouth and also through Facebook, Twitter and Blogger.


This BzzReview is about the Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blend - 200w!


The unique stick design of the Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender makes it easy to blend ingredients in pots, pitchers, bowls, or the clear beaker  that is included. The 200 watt motor operates with a simple one-touch button. Blends drinks, puree's soups, mixes pancake batter in a matter of seconds.


Hand Blender Tips and Hints

  • Cut solid foods into half cubes for easy blending.
  • For recipes calling for ice, use crushed ice (not whole cubes) for best results.
  • Using a gentle up-and-down motion is the best way to blend and incorporate ingredients equally.
  • To whip air into the mix, always hold the blade just under the surface.
  • The 2-cup mixing beaker is microwave- and dishwasher- safe. Designed for easy gripping and drip-free pouring.
  • The hand blender is perfect for frothing milk for cappuccino or lattes.
There are several recipes in the manual. the categories included are: smoothies and drinks, soups, sauces, side dishes, dressings, and desserts.


Kiwi Strawberry Smoothie
   This refreshing smoothie is high in fiber and full of Vitamin C.
Makes one 14-ounce smoothie

1  cup frozen strawberries, partly thawed
1  kiwi, peeled, cut into eighths
1/2  cup fat free vanilla yogurt
1/2  cup fat free milk
1  tsp honey

Place ingredients in the mixing beaker. Insert the Cuisinart Smart Stick, making sure the protective guard is submerged. Blend, using a gentle up-and-down motion until ingredients are well combined, about 30 seconds.

Nutritional information per smoothie:
Calories 286(2% from fat)  Carb. 63g  Pro. 11g  Fat 1g  Sat. Fat 0g Chol. 4mg  Sod. 133mg  Calc. 371mg  Fiber 6g

  





My thoughts
When I had first opened up the box to the smart blender, I thought it was huge! I was honestly thinking that this was going to be a small 'hand' blender.  First use of this blender I noticed there is no actual on and off switch. It has a toggle switch that allows you to blend or pulse by just a simple press of the button. 
One of the problems I found, about the smart stick, is that this blender is very loud. I would have never thought that this little thing would make such a big noise. I have found that most recipes on the internet call for more product that the beaker will not hold, so in order to make a great smoothie, I have down grade to smaller measurements to fit in the Cuisinart beaker.
After getting the ingredients into the beaker, I make sure the blade guard in underneath the liquid and started to blend with up and down motions. It is easy to do, but takes a little extra time to make sure that every piece was blended well. I blend for about 40 seconds, just to make sure.
After blending everything together, I pour the smoothie into a different cup. I then press the release button on the back and remove the blending shaft. Clean up is a breeze. What I have done, is just rinse the shaft off with hot water, then let it dry. I then clean the beaker with hot water and a soapy sponge.
Though there are a couple of problems I have with the Smart Stick blender, these problems do not outweight the easy to use, easy to clean and easy to store quality that the blender has and I believe that I will no longer use a traditional blender for a simple one person smoothie again.


Connect
Connect with Cuisinart on:
LIKE on Facebook.
Follow on Twitter.
Subscribe to Videos on YouTube.



Thank you for taking the time to read my BzzReview of the Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender - 200w. Please subscribe to my page for future BzzAgent Reviews.

BzzAgent,
luvlykris


I received this product from BzzAgent for free and my opinions are my own.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment